Posted by Jamison Jerving
What's up everyone!
First off, welcome to the new blog page. I hope that this will allow me to make more regular updates to the page and update progress on the games I am working. So, to start, I'd like to kick things off with some progress on my new game for iPhone and iPad, Galactic Attack.
Here's a list of some of the new features that have been added since the last video preview.
- Lots of core gameplay tweaks to help balance the overall gameplay
- Added new weapon and shield powerup icons
- Entirely re-designed user interface (now uses NGUI!)
- Added social media integration (FB, Twitter, and SMS)
- Three difficulty levels: Easy, Normal, and Hard
- All new camera shake effect when aliens are destroyed
The game is set go into an alpha-release very soon. Here are some of the planned features for the final build that will hit the App Store soon (I don't have a solid date set yet).
- 20 playable levels, with 2 bosses
- 40 extra unlockable levels (2 individual level packs, 20 levels each, and 2 bosses each)
- One shot powerups to clear harder difficulty levels
- Full arcade mode that will be integrated with all aliens from all 60 levels
- Awesome music (already integrated)
- With 60 levels, there should be about 50 different aliens to destroy! Both in arcade mode and solo levels
- Full integration with Game Center for high scores, so you can compete and compare highscores with your friends and family
I am really excited about this project and I hope you are too!
But now I'm sure you just want to see the game! More updates will come soon.